GDPR Policy – October 2018
Platt & Hill Limited is Trade Only Supplier of Foam and Fibre Fillings. We take security of client data very seriously and this document describes how we collect and use client data. Many but not all our clients are limited companies.
Security policy and responsibilities in the company
We have appointed Andrew Hill as our Data controller and he is the Company Director responsible for any data control issues. If you have any questions regarding your data, please contact us at Platt & Hill Limited, Belgrave Mill, Fitton Hill Road, Oldham Lancashire OL8 2LZ Telephone 0161-621 4400, or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
How we collect your information.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.phfillings.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence whether it be by letter or email
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We retain details of transactions you carry out through our site and the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
- We retain client contact details in our Accounts system
- We have a number of databases used for mailings which are acquired from reputable sources.
- We have a contact management system that retains contact details.
- Any personal data processed by Platt & Hill Limited is incidental to the services we provide; the primary purpose is not to process personal data.
- Where we operate ecommerce sites client data is stored by our payment processors who are PCI DSS compliant. We do not collect or store this data.
What information we collect?
- Generally, we retain name, company name, address, telephone and email address.
How do we use this information?
- The information collected is used in two ways. If our contact with you goes no further than a meeting and quotation, this information is archived in a secure file in compliance with the GDPR legislation requirements relating to information management. If your enquiry leads to you working with us, your data will be used to assist with our service to you and be entered into our accounts system.
How is your information kept secure?
- All information that is gathered, used or archived is kept secure with a view to preventing any unauthorised access to your data. Platt & Hill Limited ensures that it has in place appropriate technical and organisational measures, to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage of data. We do not supply our data to any other companies without your specific consent.
- We have non disclosure agreements in place in all our employee contracts, and all employees are obliged to maintain client confidentiality.
- Platt & Hill Limited and its employees will never pass your information to a third party without your consent.
- By providing us with your information you have consented for us to use it for the purposes above.
- If you wish to withdraw consent to Platt & Hill Limited using your data for business purposes please contact us at email@example.com
Cookies are small text files that websites save locally to your computer, which allow sites to store and use information during your visit. They can improve your experience when using a website by:
- Remembering preferences, so you don’t have to keep re-entering your choices when you visit again
- Measuring how you use a site, so that changes can be made to ensure it meets your needs
Access to data we hold about you
- If you wish to view the data we hold on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org and copies of your data will be provided.